Monday, June 25, 2012

Design Installations - Pure Genius

Hello Monday ! For all those who were wondering where I had vanished to, well it was the swedish midsummer on friday followed by a hangover.


Design Installations are a genre of design / art exhibits that never fail to amuse me. They tingle the senses and provoke the mind. 
Two of my favorite street installation artists are Mark Jenkins with his love for theatrics and Sinkachu with his little people. Mark Jenkins is an american artist who uses the street as his stage and makes these quirky installations. Slinkachu on the on the other hand is famous for his little people around the city. What is amazing is the puzzle behind his art - which is,  to find the installation first!

Mark Jenkins


Mark Jenkins


Mark Jenkins

Slinkachu

Slinkachu



At the Milan furniture fair 2012,  I saw Vitra with this quirky little detail in its booth....*smile*

Vitra

This installation below,  I saw in the city in Milan during the design week. It was late in the night and I missed the artists name!! So any of you who recognizes this, please email me and I would love to add their names here, till then we call them 'Genius Sketchers'.  
They had use transparent chord, hooking the chord to the floor and ceiling, such that, when they wound black cotton on the chord they could simulate lamps and chairs in their sketchy form!









2 comments:

  1. Love all of these...favorite would have to be the toast...or the ducks. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one is clever! But, I love the toast best. That made me laugh. I'd love to stumble across that in real life. ... hm. It might be fun to DO that type of thing... and catch people as they find things like that.

    ReplyDelete