Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mangoes and Meatballs

I love making moodboards. Today I made two moodboards,
  • One for India, the country I come from.
  • One for Sweden, the country I live in. 


The process was overwhelming. To dig inside and search for answers is never easy.To define them as images is even harder.The styleboards defined my choices, memories, life and what I interpret India or Sweden to stand for.
My design background comes from India and is influenced by Sweden in a big way. What is amazing is the revelation of cultural influence in this process....explains why I make paisleys in white, blue and light grey.


via soma, via mattia brivio (via flickr), via fusionroots.blogspot.com




via ikea, via louisecampbell, via kolonistockholm, via camilla engdahl , via josef frank



2 comments:

  1. Simi, when I saw your moodboards, I was in love! And being able to mix those two almost wildly different influences together makes your design so fresh and interesting. Mixing ornate and colorful with minimalistic and muted tones. What a playground for exploration! I also love the title of your post - it really captures the dichotomies of your influences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jenn...yess its a gift!

      Delete