Monday, October 15, 2012

From Raw cotton to Duvet Covers - The Full Story- Part 1

Hello Monday! Sorry everyone for disappearing for 3 days. I am in India these days and was busy traveling.

The past week, I had the good fortune of visiting some fabulous manufacturing units that make duvet covers. Today is Part 1 of a 5 part post to share with you all on how raw cotton is converted into yarn and yarn into fabric, the process of printing and how these factories convert our designs into Real products

Raw Cotton
Cotton Storage
Purified cotton converted into thin fabric like sheets
Thin fabric like sheets above are spun into this thick rope of yarn
Spun cotton ropes are stored in Bales
The cotton rope is fed into these machines to make yarn

Cotton Yarn being made for weaving fabric

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome! I actually just looking for Egyptian Cotton Duvet Covers when I came across your blog, I'm so happy I did because I love posts like these. Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete