Thursday, August 13, 2015

Building your brand - Part I

Building a business, is a lot of work now that I have my own web shop, I understand the nuances quite well or I am trying to at least
I would be sharing my experiences in a series of posts, this being one of the first.

I am in the first leg of building something that is important to me and have a few words of wisdom to share.
A good idea is the key. An idea to sell something that is yours, something that you can build on orelse it would be called 'trading' and not building your own brand. A good idea steers you to make plans and build them. You can work a bit independently in the beginning as its your idea and you can build on it the best possible way

The next most important thing for me was also the choice of the right ingredients to make the product. A good product in good quality is always welcome in the market.

For example, in my case I was sure that I wanted to make 100% cotton cushion covers,

Cotton is grown in India and is a 100% natural fibre. It is grown on the deccan plateau in the south of India which is rich in black soil, the kind of soil that cotton needs to grow in.

Cotton yarn thistles
Cotton was originally spun by hand on hand looms but due to the rising demand now its spun on machine powered looms. The result is the same, beautiful, soft, natural cotton fabric which is the base material for all the cushion covers in my shop, www.simidesign.com

Cotton Yarn

Working in the machine looms factory getting fabric made

Part II of my post is about taking the ingredients and the key idea to a manufacturer who shares your values..look out for the next post soon. I better run and get some newsletters organized for your shop. If you would like to join our mailing list, please visit our webshop www.simidesign.com


No comments:

Post a Comment